The most important static Gk of Punjab. Part-3
431. Area is between rivers Beas and Satluj is called
Ans- Bist Doab
432. Singh Sagar Doab is an area between which two rivers?
Ans- Indus and Jhelum
433. Doaba is Region between rivers
Ans- Beas and Satluj
434. Main cities in Doab region are
Ans- Jalandhar, Hoshiapur, Nawashahar., Kapurthala
435. Malwa is region to south of Satluj and important districts in this region are
Ans- Ludhiana, Patiala, Sangur, Bathinda and Mohali
436. Majha region contains important districts of
Ans- Amritsar, Pathankot, Gurdaspur, and Tarn tarn
437. The modern districts Amritsar, Pathankot, Gurdaspur & Tarn Taran comes under
Ans- Majha region
438. Between which two rivers lies plain of Majha?
Ans- Ravi and Beas
439. Rachna Doab is area between river
Ans- Chenab and Ravi
440. What is the name of Doab between rivers Jhelum and Chenab?
Ans- Chajh Doab
441. Maharaja Ranjit Singh museum is in__________
Ans- Amritsar (It is the summer place of Maharaja Ranjit Singh that has been Transformed into a Museum)
442. Where is Guru The Bahadur museum?
Ans- Anandpur Sahib
443. Name the museum is Punjab which is known for its collection of antiques from
Punjab’s ancient civilizations
Ans- Sanghol museum viilagbe sanghol dist. Fatehgarh sahib
444. The museum of armoury and chandeliers is in_________
Ans- Qila Mubarak, Patiala
445. The sports museum of national institutes of sports is in__________
446. What is the shape of map of the Punjab States?
447. Punjab touches the border of how many India states?
448. Area wise Punjab is 50362km whereas population is (as per census 2011)
449. The State animal of Punjab is Blackbuck (Kala Hiran ) whereas the state tree is
Ans- Shisham (Tahli)
450. District of Punjab having maximum Population
451. Smallest District of Punjab is________
Ans- Fatehgarh Sahib
452. Which district of Punjab has been renamed as Shaheed Bhagat Singh nagar?
453. Newest Districts of Punjab are
Ans- Fazilkha and Pathankot
454. The least population districts of Punjab is Barnala (5.95 lacks) whereas the Most
Populous Districts is
Ans- Ludhiana 34.99lacs
455. The smallest districts is Fatehgarh Sahib whereas the largest is
456. How many total Tehsils, Sub tehsils & Districts are there in Punjab?
Ans- 81,86 & 22 respectively
457. Districts of Punjab which has maximum Population
458. Which state has highest proportion of SC POPULATION?
459. Second largest Town of Punjab is
460. The north most city of Punjab state is
461. Jalandhar falls in which region?
462. Phillaur is a town un Punjab , situated on bank of river_______
463. Approximately what % age of food grain in India is produced by Punjab
464. Largest grown crop in Punjab is________
465. In which month sugarcane is sown In Punjab?
Ans- March- april
466. What percentage of Punjab’s total area under cultivation is irrigated areas?
467. Ferozepur is having the highest procurement of cotton whereas Ludhiana is having
the maximum yield of_________
468. District known as area of white gold
469. The maximum yield of paddy is produced from Sangrur whereas the maximum
yield of wheat is from
Ans- Fatehgarh Sahib
470. What percentage of population depends on Agriculture in Punjab
Ans- 80 %
471. Which town is known as the ”California of Punjab ” for the production of kinnow?
472. Which is the commercial crop of Punjab?
473. In which district of Punjab maximum Cattle are found?
474. Rabi or Spring Harvest of Punjab includes
Ans- Wheat, Garm, Barley Potatoes etc
475. Kharif or Autumn harvest of Punjab consists of
Ans- Rice, Maize, Sugarcane, Cottan and Pulses
476. City of Punjab which is an important centre for Dry Fruits Distribution in India
477. Punjab states ranks third in availability of Milk after
Ans- Haryana and Gujrat
478. The total cultivable land in the state of Punjab is_______
Ans- 41.83 Lakh Ha. (83% of total geographical area)
479. ________ percent irrigation is done with tube wells in the state of Punjab and
_______ is done with canals
Ans- 72.5%, 27.5
480. Consumption of chemical fertilizer in year 2013-14
Ans- 217kgs per hectare
481. The contribution of the state of Punjab to the national food grain Kitty is
Ans- Punjab with 1.53percent geographical area contributes about 43.40 % wheat and
25.50% rice to the central food grain kitty
482. The first hybrid grain pearl millet in the world was produced by
Ans- PAU plants breeders
483. The contribution of the State o Punjab to the National Food Grain Kitty before the
commencement of the P.A.U., Ludhiana
Ans- 4 % in 1960-61
484. Punjab land records society was formed by Punjab govt to
Ans- Provide efficient land related services
485. In recent, years Cotton crop in Punjab has been affected by
Ans- White fly
486. When was green revolution first introduced to India and by whom?
Ans- In 1963 by American agronomist Norman Borlug
487. Who is known as the father of green revolution?
Ans- Norman Borlaug
488. The father of The green revolution in Punjab is
Ans- Dr M.S Randhawa
489. Name the variety of rice which was termed as the miracle rice
Ans- IR8 (First HYV of rice)
490. IR8 was created through a cross between which to breeds?
Ans- Indonesia variety ”peta and Chiense variety ” dee-geo- woo-gen”
491. In order to control the dropping water table the paddy transplantation before June 10 has been banned under which act?
Ans- Punjab preservation of Sub Soil act, 2009
492. When and where was the progressive Punjab agriculture summit organized?
Ans- In feb 2014 in Mohali
493. Norman Borlaug was given nobal prize in _
494. Where has the Kheti Bhawan been set up?
Ans- In Mohali Punjab
495. Union govt has announced to set up post graduate institute of horticulture and
496. Expand PAFC
Ans- Punjab Agro Food grain Corporation
497. How many citrus estates have been set up in Punjab to promote horticulture?
498. Countries, who have asked for Indian technology and Expertise, especially from
Punjab to bring in green revolution in their territories ?
Ans- Mozambique, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Ethopia
499. The position of the State of Punjab in term of the consumption of fertilizers by the
farmers of Punjab?
Ans- 6th position (1st 2nd and 3rd are Gujrat, Maharashtra and Ahhdra Pardesh Resp.)
500. The important cotton producing districts in Punjab are
Ans- Ferozepur, Faridkot, Muktsar, Bathinda, Sangrur, Ludhiana
501. The position of Punjab in terms of the availability of eggs in India
Ans- 1st rank
502. The position of Punjab in terms of per capita availability of Milk?
Ans- 1st rank
503. Daily per capita milk availability in Punjab has gone up to —— in 2012-13
504. The position of Punjab in terms of fish productivity per unit area
Ans- 1st rank
505. The area of Punjab is _________
Ans- 50362 sq.kms
506. Krishi Karman award 2014 was given to Punjab and UP for _______
Ans- Highest Food Grain productive
507. The position of Punjab in tems of total tractors sold in India?
Ans- 1st rank
508. What % of irrigation is done by canals in Punjab?
509. Punjab irrigation department was set up in year
510. The point project for the computerization of land record was first started in the
511. The Cotton Belt of Punjab is located in which physiographic region of Punjab
512. Per Capita availability of eggs is highest in Indian in _______
513. In Punjab Kisan mela is organized every year by_______
Ans- Punjab Agriculture University Ludhiana
514. What was operation Flood?
Ans- Launched in Year 1970 to increase the availability of Milk
515. Which state recorded the highest per capita availability of milk under operation
516. It was a project of ___________
Ans- National dairy development of borad
517. The total cultivable land in state of Punjab is?
Ans- 41.83 lakh Ha (83% of total geographical area)
518. The number of tube wells in operation in the state of Punjab?
Ans- 13.82 Lakhs( approx)
519. Name a law enacted in Punjab for the preservation of soil?
Ans- Punjab Preservation of Sub-soil Act 2009
520. The Govt. of India in collaboration with _______ has set up an experimental site
for wheat and maize in Ludhiana to improve productivity level?
Ans. BISA(Borlaug institute for South asia)
521. When and where was “progressive Punjab” agricultural summit organized in
Ans- In feb 2014 at SAS Nagar
522. Central govt. has announced to set up Post graduate institute of Horticulture and
education in _______
523. The govt of Punjab has proposed to set up Multi product mega food park in 200
acres at __________
524. Centre of excellence for potato has been set up at _______under Indo Dutch
Agreement to modernize cold stores
Ans- Dhogri, jalandhar
525. Kinnow comprises _______ of Punjab’s total fruit production
526. Citrus estate has been established at
Ans- Abohar, Fazilka, Thaliwala, Firozpur, Hoshiarpur, distt, lambi in Mukstar dist.
527. Grapes estate has been established at
Ans- Maur Mandi
528. Lichi estate has been established at____
Ans- Saran, Gurdaspur
MONUMENT IN PUNJAB
529. Jateshwar Mahadev Temple is in Ropar whereas Moorish Mosque is in________
530. Qila Mubark is in Bhatinda whereas Lodhi fort in
531. Shaheed- E- Azam Sardar Bhagat Singh Musemum is in _________
532. The Aam Khas Baag in Punjab is situated at
533. Sikh Heritage Complex (Virasat-e- Khalsa) is developed at
Ans- Anandpur Sahib
534. Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum is in
535. Sherawala Gate and Sunami Gate are found in city
536. Moti Bagh and Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors) are in which city?
537. Lohgarh fort is located in which city?
538. What is the other name of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur war memorial?
Ans- Fateh Burj
539. Central sikh museum is in
540. Jama Masjid Khairuddin is in_____
541. Shalimar garden of Kapurthla has been designed by_______, who has also
designed the city of new Delhi
Ans- Sir Edward lutines
542. Mubarak mosque is situated at?
543. In which district Punjabi University is situated?
544. Guru Ravidas ayurved university
545. Rajiv Gandhi national uni. of law
546. Where is Punjab Agriculture University?
547. Where is Police Training Academy situated in Punjab
548. in 1895, the first school of medicine Asia named Christian Medical College was
established at _________
549. Where is Guru Nanak Dev University?
550. Guru Angad Dev University veterinary and Animal Science University is situated
551. Guru Nanak Dev Engineering Collage is located in
552. What were the total number of seats for which SGPC elections were held
553. Where is Science City in Punjab?
554. The foundation stone of IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and
Research Mohali was laid on)
Ans- 27th Sep 2006by then Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh
555. The India institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Mohali was
established in year
556. The first Director Prof. N Sathyamurthy of IISER, Mohali Sjoined on
Ans- 18 June 2007
PUNJAB AGRICULTURE UNIVERSITY
557. College of Agriculture at Ludhiana was converted into Punjab Agriculture
558. The P.A.U. Ludhiana was established in
Ans- Oct, 1962
559. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehur, the first Prime Minister of India formally inaugurated
Ans- 8 July 1963
560. The Chief Minister of Punjab at the time of commencement of the P.A.U,
Ans- S. Partap Singh Kairon
561. On trifurcation of Punjab in November 1966, Haryana Agriculture University was
carved out of PAU by an Act of Parliament in
Ans- Feb 1970
562. Location and Area of Punjab Agriculture University is
Ans- Punjab Agriculture University(PAU) is located in Ludhiana city (Punjab State) in
north-west India, Situated on the Ludhiana- Ferozepur road, the university covers are area of 580 hectares on its main campus and 2000 hectares as the Off campus for research .
563. P.A.U is modeled on the pattern of land grant colleges in
564. The Punjab Agriculture University now has four constituent colleges, viz.
Ans- College of Agriculture, College of Agricultural Engineering, College of Home science
and College of Basic Sciences & Humanities
565. The college of Veterinary Science under PAU was upgrade as——- in the years
Ans- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Science University
566. The University has a total of how many seed farms
Ans- 5 five
567. The current Vice- Chancellor of the P.A.U Ludhiana
Ans- Dr. Baldev Singh Dhillon
568. The first Vice-Chancellor of the P.A.U, Ludhiana
Ans- Shri P.N Thapar
569. Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports is in
570. World class ‘Olympic Bhawan’ has been setup in_____
571. Govt of Punjab has estd. Punjab institute of sports at
Ans- SAS Nagar, Mohali
572. Central University of Punjab (CUP) is located in
ROADS AND NATIONAL HIGHWAYS
573. What is the number of National highways in Punjab?
574. Grand trunk Road was built by________
Ans- Sher Shah Suri
575. Name the city connected by NH- 1
Ans- Amritsar to Delhi
576. Among all national highways, what is the serial number given to Grand Trunk
Ans- National Highway No.1
577. Cities on Grand Trunk Road are
Ans- Delhi Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Panipat and
578. Grand Trunk Road stretches from__________
Ans- Sonargaon in Bangladesh to Peshawar in Pakistan