MAJOR MOVEMENT LAUNCHED DURING FREEDOM STRUGGLE
224. In which year was Swadeshi-Boycott movement was launched?
225. What was the time period of Non Cooperation Movement?
226. Civil Disobedience Movement was launched in the year?
227. When was Quit India Movement started?
Ans- 8th Aug, 1942
228. The Anarchical and Revolutionary Crime Act (1919) was popularly known as the
Ans- Rowlett Act
229. Which act was referred as the “black act”
Ans- Rowlett Act
230. Rowlett Act was named after_______
Ans- Sir Sydney A T Rowlett
231. A T Jallianwala bagh people came to protest against the arrest of leaders like
Ans- Saifuddin Kitchloo and Satyapal
232. There was agitation against the arrest of Dr. Kitchlu and Dr. Satyapal. They were
Arrested by British according to which act
Ans- Rowlatt Act 18th march 1919
233. Rowlatt act authorizes the British govt to
Ans- Arreast and imprison any person without trial in a court of law
234. Gandhi ji started Satyagraha Movement in 1919 in protest against the?
Ans- Enactment of Rowlatt act
235. Rowlett act was Rowlett act
Ans- Defence of India act 1915, enforced to limit civil liberties
236. What was the Rowlett act
Ans- Gave enorm ous power to the police to search a place n arrest any person they Disapproved of without warrant
237. Rowlett act was recommended by
Ans- Seddition committee chaired by Sidney Rowlett
238. Amrita bazaar patrika called this black act
Ans- Gigantic blunder
239. When resigned from central law committee against rowlatt act
Ans- Moh. Ali Jinnah, madanmohan malviya, mazur ul haque n many more
240. In protests Gandhi wrote in young india
Ans- This satanic govt. Cant be mended, it must be ended
JALLIANWALA BAGH MASACCRE
241. Thousand of people gathered in the jallianwala bagh of Amritsar to celebrate
Ans- Festival of Baisakhi
242. Who came to the place with fifty and without any warning ordered them to shoot At the crowd.
Ans- Brigadier General Reginaid E.H. Dyer
243. Who was the Viceroy of India at the time of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
Ans- Lord Chelmsford
244. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
Ans- 13 April,1919
245. The ineffective inquiry and the initial accolades for Dyer by the House of Lord led to
Ans- Non-cooperation Movement of 1920-22
246. A memorial was built on the site designed by
Ans- Benjamin Polk and inaugurated by President of India Rajendra Prasad on 13 April 1961
247. What were the major impacts of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre?
Ans- On may 30, 1919 Rabindranath Tagor renounced his knighthood. Gandhi returned the Kaiser-i-hind gold medel given to him for his work during Boer war. Dyer was removed from the job and sent to London, but he was never charged of any offence
248. Who killed General Dyer on March 13, 1940 when he was addressing a meeting in Caxton hall, London?
Ans- Sardar Udham Singh
249. Name the commission was appointed to enquire into it _______
Ans- Hunter commission (headed by lord hunter)
AKALI MOVEMENT (GURDWARA REFORM MOVEMENT)
250. What was the aim of gurdwara reform movement?
Ans- Libreation of gurdwaras from the control of mahants or priests who had acquired Property rights over gurdwaras
251. On 15 nov. 1920, Akalis formed a committee of 175 members and designated it as
_________ and declared so from Akal Takht.
Ans- Sikh Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee, for management of all gurdwaras
252. Who was elected as resident, VP and Secretary?
Ans- Sundar Singh Makithia, harbans singh Attari and Bhai Jodh Singh respectively
253. When and where was the first session of Sikh league, a political body of Sikhs Held?
Ans- In Amritsar in 1919
254. Where was Akali in newspaper published from?
255. Gurdwara Movement was also known as
Ans- Akali Movement
256. What was Nankana Sahib Massacre?
Ans- A group pf Sikhs was subjected to murderous assault at Nankana Saheb by Mahant Narain Das on Feb. 20,1921
257. What was jaito morcha?
Ans- Akali campaign launched in 1923for the restoration to his throne to maharaja Ripudaman Singh of Nabha
258. ‘Nabha day’ was observed on
Ans- 9 sep, 1923
259. What was the issue related to princely statae of Nabha?
Ans- Maharaja of Nabha Ripudaman Singh was forced to abdicate his throne in favour Of his minor son Pratap Singh
SIKH GURDWARA ACT 1925 AND SGPC
260. The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee was found on_____
Ans- Nov 15, 1920
261. When was SGPC formed on 15 nov. 1920 declared as unlawful?
Ans- On October 12, 1923
262. When was Sikh Gurdwara Act passed?
Ans- Sikh Gurdwara Act was passed by provincial legislative assembly on 9 july 1925
263. When was Sikh Gurdwara Act 1925 implemented?
Ans- From November 1, 1925
264. What did this act constitute?
Ans- Under this act a board renamed as Gurdwara Prabhandak committee was created for administration of Gurdwara
265. Name the act through which Mahants were removed from Gurdwaras were to be
Managed through SGPC?
Ans- Sikh Gurdwara act, 1925
266. What is the tenure of SGPC?
Ans- 5 yearsor until the composition of new committee
267. SGPC elections were first held in
268. Who was the first president of SGPC?
Ans- Baba Kharak Singh
269. First Secretary of SGPC was?
Ans- Master Tara Singh
270. Election for SGPC was held in state on
Ans- Punjab, Haryana, Himachal and Chandigarh
271. Who enjoyed the longest tenure as president of SGPC?
Ans- Gurcharan Singh Tohra
272. SGPC elections are held under which act?
Ans- Sikh Gurdwara act 1925
273. Who convenes the first meeting of newly elected SGPC members?
Ans- DC of Amritsar
274. Who is the first non sikh DC of Amritsar to convene the first meeting of newly
Elected SGPC members?
Ans- Rajat Aggarwal
275. What was the most important cause for the outbreak the Ghadar revolution?
Ans- Kamagata Maru Incident (took place in 1914)
276. Name the weekly paper which was started by Lala Hardyal in 1907
277. Gadar activist hire a Japanese Ship called
Ans- Kamagata maru
278. The initial name of Gadar Party was Pacific coast Hindustan Association &its 1st
President was __________
Ans- Sohan Singh Bakhna
279. The Defence of India Act was passed in March 1915 due to ____
Ans- Kamagata Maru Incident
280. Ghadar Newspaper (Hindustan Ghadar) was published under the auspices of
Yugantar Ashram and its Head Quarters was at __________
Ans- San Francisco
281. The Kamagata Maru ship was tok emigrate?
282. The ship Kamagata Maru sailed from?
Ans- Hong Kong
283. Which literature was disseminated on the board of the KGM (Kamagata Maru) Ship?
Ans- Ghadarite Literature
284. Budge Budge riot is related to
Ans- KGM incident
285. KGM incident is related to which laws of Canada
Ans- Immigration laws
286. Barakhtulla, Tarak Nath Dass and Sohan Singh were the leaders of
Ans- Ghadar Revolution
287. In 2014, Govt of India released 2 coins of Rs 5and Rs 100 to commemorate the
Ans- KGM incident
288. Justin Tordeau has offered full apology in the House of Common in May 2016 for
Ans- KGM incident
289. Lions of the Sea is a novel based on KGM incident. It is penned by______
Ans- Jessi Thind
290. Who urged the ring leader of the KGM incident Gurdit Singh Sandhu to give Himself up as True patriot and later he was imprisoned?
Ans- Mahatma Gandhi urged Gurdit Singh Sandhu
291. Who said these words:”The visions of men are widened by travel and contacts with Citizens of a free country will infuse a spirit of impendence and foster yearnings for Freedom in the minds of the emasculated subjects of alien rule.”
Ans- Gurdit Singh Sandhu
292. This Ship belongs to the whole in India, this is a symbol of the honour of India and If this was detained, There would be mutiny in the arimies”. These words are associated
Ans- KGM incident
293. A memorial was built in 1952near Budge Budge to commemorate KGM incident. WhoWho inaugurated this?
Ans- Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru
SINGH SABHA MOVEMENT
294. The “Singh Sabha” Movement was started at ___ in _______
Ans- Amritsar in 1873
295. What was the aim of this Movement?
Ans- To defend the sikh faith against any kind of onsalaught
296. When and where was an association named “Sri Guru Singh Sabha” was formed?
Ans- In Amritsar on 30 July 1873
297. The First chairman of “Sri Guru Singh Sabha”was ___
Ans- Thakur Singh Ahluwalia
298. What was Singh Sabha Movement ?
Ans- A step to remove the caste barriers in Sikhs and to stop Conversion of Skils
299. Who formed Singh Sabha Lahore?
Ans- Professor Gurmukh Singh
300. What was Khalsa Diwan?
Ans- Singh sabha Amritsar was renamed as khalsa diwan in 1880
301. What was Anjuman-e Punjab?
Ans- It was founded in 1865 for translation of important English books into Punjabi
302. Who established the Khalsa Tract Society Amritsar?
Ans- Bhai Kaur Singh and Bhai Vir Singh for the purpose of issuing monthly tracts on sikh Religion
303. Achievements of Singh Sabha Movement?
Ans- Passage of Anand Marriage act 1909, foundation of sikh educational society 1908 Etc.
BABBAR AKALI MOVEMENT
304. What was Babbar akali movement?
Ans- A step to remove the caste barriers in Sikhs and to stop conversion of skils
305. Who were the leaders of this movement?
Ans- Master Mota Singh and Kishan singh Gargajj
306. What was Chakarvati jatha?
Ans- It was a secret organization formed by Kishan Singh to incite the peasants and Soldiers against britishers
307. How did babbar akalis work?
Ans- They targeted british officials and their informers and carried and British activies Secretly
PRAJA MANDAL MOVEMENT
308. Sewa Singh Thikriwala was associated with which movement in Punjab?
Ans- Praja Mandal Movement
309. What was Punjab Ryasati Praja Mandal?
Ans- An organization that worked for securing political rights and liberty of people of Princely states
310. When and where was it formed?
Ans- It was formed in 1928 and declaration was made in Mansa of Patiala princely state
311. Who was the president of Punjab Ryasati Praja mandal?
Ans- Sewa Singh Thikriwala
312. Indus Water Treaty was signed in 1960 between
Ans- India and pakistan
313. Indus Water Treaty restricted India’s right on only three rivers and theses are
Ans- Satluj, Ravi and Beas
314. Rivers meant for usage of Pakistan under Indus Water Treaty were
Ans- Indus, Chenab and Jhelum
315. Who along with Bhim Sen Sachar was the architect of Giani-Sachar formula?
Ans- Giani Kartar Singh
316. The first President of the Central Sikh League, a political organization floated by The Sikh in March 1919 in Lahore
Ans- Gajjan Singh
317. Who was the main leader of Dharam Yudh Morcha Movement in Punjab?
Ans- Harcharan Singh Longowal
WOMEN IN INDIAN NATIONAL CONGRESS
318. First Lady President of Congress was
Ans- Annie Besant (1917)
319. First Indian Lady President of Congress was
Ans- Saroijini Naidu (1928)
FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM PUNJAB
320. When and where was Bhagat Singh born?
Ans- 27 sep 1907 at Banga, Lyalpur, Pakistan
321. Who were the founders of HRA (Hindustan republic association)?
Ans- Ramprasad Bismil, Jogesh Chattergee and Sachindanath Sanyal
322. Who formed Kirti Party?
Ans- Sohan Singh josh and Santokh Singh, Bhagat singh joined it later
323. Who was Punjab Naujwan Sabha formed?
Ans- In march 1926, Bhagat Singh was its Secretary
324. When was HRA recognized to form HSRA (Hindustan socialist republic Organization)?
Ans- In Sepember 1928
325. Bhagat Singh was executed on______
Ans- 23 March 1931
326. Which freedom fighter is known for writing “Why I am a Atheist”?
Ans- Bhagat Singh
327. The slogan ‘Inqilab Zindabad’ was given by________________
Ans- Bhagat Singh
328. The song ‘Pagri Sambhal jatta’ was composed by_______________
Ans- Bankey Dayal
329. Name the revolutionaries who threw bombs in central legislative assembly in April 1929?
Ans- Bhagat Singh and Bk Dutt
330. When and where was shaheed Sukhdev thapar born?
Ans- 15 may 1907 at nau ghara, Ludhiana
331. When did Bhagat Singh and jailmates launch hunger strike in jail?
Ans- June 1929
332. When and where was shaheed Rajguru born?
Ans- 24 aug 1908 at khed near pune, Maharashtra he was a member of HSRA
333. When and where was Shaheed Udham Singh born and what was his childhood Name?
Ans- 26 dec 1899, Sunam. His childhood name was Sher Singh
334. When and How did he avenge the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre?
Ans- On 13 March 1940, assassinated Michael O ‘Dwyer In Caxton Hall, Londan
335. Name the freedom fighter who was one of the founder leaders of Bharat Naujwan Sabha and also one of the founder member of jamia milia islamia university
Ans- Dr. Saifuddin Kichlew
336. Kartar singh sarabha was sentence to death in 1915 for his role in
Ans- Gadar conspiracy
INDIAN NATIONAL ARMY
337. Slogan ‘Jai Hind’ and ‘Give me Blood, I ‘ll give you freedom ‘ were given by
Ans- Subash Chandra Bose
338. Who conceived the idea of Indian National Army?
Ans- Mohan Singh in Mallaya
339. The all women regiment of INA was named after____________
Ans- Rani Lakhmi Bai of Jhansi, name of the regiment was Rani Jhansi regiment
340. When did Subhash Chandra Bose join INA?
341. When did Bose set up a provisional Indian Government?
Ans- In October 1943, It was headquartered in Rangoon and Sinapore
342. British held trials for the high officials of Indian National Army at Red Fort.
Name those high officials
Ans- Gubraksh Singh, Sahnivaj khan and Prem Kumar Saigal
343. Muslim League was formed in 1906 by
Ans- Khwaja Salimmullah, Syed Ahmed khan, Agha khan & Nawab Viquar Ul Mulk
344. Muslim League observed Direct Action day on
Ans- Aug16 1946
345. Muslim League announced ‘Pakistan Day’ on
Ans- March 23, 1943
FORMATION OF STATE OF PUNJAB
346. Who was the Chairman of Punjab boundary commission 1947?
Ans- Sir Cyrill Radcliffe
347. Name the other members of the commission.
Ans- Justice Din Mohammad, justice Mohammad Munir, Justice Mehar Chand mahaajan and justice Teja singh
348. What was the Aim of Punjab Boundary commission 1947?
Ans- To demarcate the boundaries of the two parts of punjab
349. On division of Punjab (East Punjab & West Punjab), how much area went to West Punjab (now in Pakistan)
350. First Battle of Panipat was fought in
351. Mohhamad bin Qasim , the first Muslim invader to come to India, entered Sindh
From which pass
Ans- Khyber Pass
352. At which place, Akbar, the great was coronated.
353. Battle of Panipat was fought in the year
354. Third battle of Panipat 1761 was fought was between
Ans- Ahamad Shah Abdali and Marathas
355. “Battle of Ten Kings” was fought for sharing of water of river
356. Third Battle of Panipat was fought in
357. Name the city founded by Sultan Firoz Shah Tughlaq?
358. Name the road earlier as Uttarapath or Shah-rah-e-azam?
Ans- Grant Trunk Road
359. Battle of Firozshah(1845) was fought between
Ans- English And Sikhs
360. Name the first empress of India who was imprisoned at Fort in Bhatinda
Ans- Razia Sultan
361. First Battle of Terrain was fought in year 1191 between
Ans- Prithviraj Chauhan and Mohammed Ghori
362. Second Battle of Terrain was fought in year
363. The sword of Hazrat Ali is kept at
Ans- Anandpur Sahib
364. 800 year old the “Payal Fort” in Ludhiana was built by
Ans- Maharaja Amar Sahib
365. Who founded ferozpur
Ans- Firoz shah tughlaq
366. Mughal prince who sought the blessing of guru har rai ji
Ans- Dara shikho (aurangzeb’s brother)
367. During pre mohammadean period Bathinda was known as
368. Malwa and Doaba regions are seprated by the river.
Ans- Sutlej (in North Doaba and in South Malwa)
369. Presently, how many perennial rivers flow in Punjab?
Ans- 3 (Sutluj, Ravi & Beas )
370. Which river is known as the Backbone of Punjab?
371. At which place, Beas and Satluj merge into one river retaining the name Satluj?
Ans- Harike near Ferozpur
372. River Indus originates from
Ans- Kailash Range
372. Gomal Pass in Himalayas was mainly used for
Ans- Trade Purpose
374. Where does satluj originates from?
Ans- Rakes lake, near Mansarovar, in Tibet
375. Satluj enters Punjab plain near…….
Ans- Nangal in Ropar district
376. Ravi enters from……..
Ans- West of rohtang pass in kullu hills of himachal pradesh
377. Ravi enters Punjab at……….
Ans- Chaundh village on chamba border
378. Which river feeds the canal system of Bhakra nangal project?
379. Name some towns situated on the banks of rivers satluj in Punjab?
Ans- `Phillaur, Ropar, Harike, Ferozpur
380. River beas originates from
Ans- Beas kund in kullu hills near rohtang pass
381. Beas enters Punjab thought…………..
Ans- Talwara in Hoshiarpur district
382. Name the hydro electricity project constructed on river Ravi
Ans- Shahpur Kandi project, downstream the thein dam.
383. What kind of river is Ghaggar?
Ans- Seasonal river that flows during monsoons.
384. Ghaggar originates at_________
Ans- Sarahah area of sirmaur dist in Himacahl.
385. In Punjab Ghaggar flows through_________
Ans- Patiala, Sangrur and Mansa Dist.
386. In its course after Punjab (in Rajastan), Ghaggar is knowns as______
387. What is length of Bhakra Canal?
388. From Which river, Sirhind Canal takes off?
389. Hansi Butana Canal is issue of dispute between
Ans- Haryana and Pumjab
390. Wetlands in Punjab declared as Ramsar sites
Ans- Harike, Kanji, ropar
391. National Wetlands in Punjab…….
Ans- Ranjit sagar wetland and nangal
392. How many Wetlands does Punjab have?
Ans- 12 natural and 9 manmade wetland.
393. Which is the largest Wetland in North India?
Ans- Harike Pattan
394. Name the Wetland which has been designated as Wetland of National importance
Ans- Kanjali wetland in Kapurthala dist
395. Which lake has been recognized internationally by the ramsar convention 2002 and listed in Wetlands of international importance
Ans- Kanjali lake
WILDLIFE SANCTUARIES, ZOOLOGICAL PARKS AND RESERVES
396. Conservation reserve in Punjab
Ans- Rakh Sarai Amanat Khan Conservation Reaserve
397. Community reserve in Punjab
Ans- 2, Keshopur-Chhamba Reserve In Gurdaspur And Lalwan Reserve In Hoshiarpur
398. Name some wildlife sactuaries in Punjab
Ans- Harike Pattan WLS, Bir Motibagh WLs in Patiala Nangal WLS etc.
399. Which Wildlife sanctuary is famous for black buck?
Ans- Abhor sactuary
400. What is the other name of famous Chhat bir zoo near zirkpur?
Ans- Mahendra chaudhary zoological Park. It is famous for lion safari
401. The Ludhiana zoo is famous for _____
Ans- Tiger safari
402. Mini zoo in neelon, Ludhiana is famous for_______
Ans- Deer park
403. Animal adoption scheme has been initiated in Punjab in ______
Ans- All the zoos
404. Areas where floodplain or bet soil is found
Ans- Parts of ropar , fazilka, zira and moga
405. Most productive and fertile soil group of the state
Ans- Loamy soil foumd in nakodar tehsil of jalandhar dist, phagwara tehsila nd central parts of kapurthala dist.
406. Punjab plains lie in __________
Ans- Indo Gangetic drainage system
407. How have the Punjab plains been formed?
Ans- By the deposition of alluviul brought down from himalyas
408. Sandy soil in found in Punjab
Ans- Bathinda, Mansa, Sangrur, some parts of ferozpur and Ludhiana dist.
409. Kandi soil is found in _________
Ans- Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Ropar, Nawanshahar districts
410. Forest soil is found in ________
Ans- Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Ropar, Nawanshahar districts
411. Sierozems soils are found in _____
Ans- The grey colored and organic matter deficit soils are found in Taran Taran and Patti Tehsils, Fatehgarh Sahib, Patiala dist, Nakodar and Phillaur Tehsils etc.
412. Desert soils are found in________
Ans- Abhor and Zira Tehsils, Bathinda, Muktsar, Manda etc.
413. What type of climate does Punjab have?
Ans- Subtropical monsoon type climate
414. What type of monsoonal rainfall does Punjab receive?
Ans- Punjab receives rainfall through the Southwest monsoon. Arabian sea and Bay of Bengal branch meet to give moderate rainfall
415. What does arrival of monsoon indicate in Punjab?
Ans- Marks the start of agriculture year by sowing of Kharif crops
416. How does Punjab receive winter rainfall?
Ans- Temperate cuclones from Mediterranean sea cause winter rainfall(western Disturbances)
417. Winter rainfall is beneficial for?
Ans- Rabi crops.
418. Monsoon is withdrew in Punjab in _______
Ans- Month of September
419. The major dialects of Punjab- “Majhi” is spoken in Amritsar & Gurdaspur Districts whereas “Doabi” is spoken in
Ans- Jalandhar & Hoshiarpur Districts
420. The Punjabi Dialects- “Pwadi” is spoken in Kharar, Ropar & Rajpura whereas “Malwi” is spoken in
Ans- Ludhiana, Bathinda & Malerkotla aras
421. Which Punjabi dialect is used as ‘Taxali’ or standard Punjabi which is used as Official language?
422. Shahpuri dialect is spoken in
Ans- Pakistani Punjab
FORESTS IN PUMJAB
423. Geographical area of Punjab is
Ans- 50, 362 Sq. kms
424. The Forest Area of Punjab is
Ans- 6.12% of total state area
425. The forest area of Punjab is
Ans- 3055Sq km
426. Reserved forests constitute ________of total forest area.
427. Protected forests constitute_________ of total forest area.
428. Unclassed forests constitute_________ of total forest area.
429. Which district in Punjab has Maximum forest cover?
430. Minimum Forest Cover is Found in District of